Men's Minds Matter Fitted Tee (unisex)
*All proceeds from these tees will be going to our Movember charity collection
Talking about mental health awareness in a variety of personal and professional settings, helps reduce stigma, shatters societal expectations and increases the likelihood of support uptake, especially amongst men.
Between 2000 and 2018, 4,783 deaths were registered as suicide in NI. In 2018, there was 307 registered deaths by suicide, a familiar figure over the last decade and the third highest since records began in 1970. It’s become common knowledge that men are more likely to die by suicide, but how much more likely? During Men’s Health Week, we acknowledge all lives lost by suicide, and especially the men in our society – with an increasing trend in suicide activity – it must be reduced. In the last 5 years alone, 360 women completed suicide, compared to 1,136 men – nearly four times as many men took their own lives.
Who are these men? They’re husbands, brothers, sons, fathers, colleagues and friends – people. In men under 50, suicide is the leading cause of death in the UK. In 2018, the highest number of male deaths by suicide in NI was in the 25 – 29 age group and 30 – 34 age group. Suicide is also touching young people, suicide figures in under 18s in NI are disproportionately higher when compared to the rest of the UK. It’s clear to see nobody is immune to mental ill-health, however it’s difficult to interpret the trend amongst male suicide in NI as unavoidable – the smallest steps in reducing suicide often make the biggest difference.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping